All bookings are accepted on the strict understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions.
By booking a course with Kent Intensive Driving School, you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
- 'you' means the person taking the course, ie the pupil
- 'we' 'us' means Kent Intensive Driving School
- 'the driving school' means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
Terms and Conditions
- Each course is for the hours booked. Total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate, (this can be agreed between you the pupil and the instructor).
- If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case, you will not be offered a refund.
- The prices quoted by Kent Intensive Driving School do not include the cost of any tests. Any test fees can be added to the total price when booking your course.
- All deposits paid are non refundable.
- Please note due to the nature of intensive courses the following cancellation fees apply.
- 25% of the course fee is due if the course is cancelled between 28 and 21 of the start date
- 50% of the course fee is due if cancelled between 21 days and 14 days
- 100% of the course fee is due if cancelled under 14 days
- When taking a crash/intensive course, it is not possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks can be arranged between you the pupil and your instructor.
- All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities and are a guide only. No guarantees can be implied.
- A practical test cannot be booked until a pupil has successfully passed the theory test. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA).
- Once a course is booked the hours of tuition must be taken regardless of the theory test being passed. In exceptional circumstances at the instructor's discretion some hours might be able to be deferred if the theory test is failed.
- All courses undertaken with Kent Intensive Driving School are on an individual basis. We do not offer shared courses.
- No guarantee can be made of test availability. In the event that the test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil, the instructor and us. No refund of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible/liable for the test fee and any time lost.
- Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil's standard of driving falls below the required standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No test fee or course fee refund will be made in these circumstances.
- All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA).
- The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. Kent Intensive Driving School cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
- Refreshment breaks may form part of your daily tuition period.
- The training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls.
- All special offers and course/lesson prices may be subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
- If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours will be valid for a period of 6 months. After this time, the lessons remaining will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
- You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements of being able to read a vehicle number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres or 67ft.
- You satisfy the DVLA/DSA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
- You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/driving instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson to make up time.
- You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during the course. If we detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
- A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
- You supply on the first day a valid, signed UK provisional driving licence, theory pass certificate, confirmation of test and course fee or balance. If you fail to produce a valid driving licence, the driving school/driving instructor can by law not permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be lost.
- Kent Intensive Driving School are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully - in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Any personal information we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law and will not be sold or passed on to a third party.